Ted's RPG Rant

A place to rant about RPG games, particularly the Temple of Elemental Evil. Co8 members get a free cookie for stopping by. Thats ONE cookie each, no seconds.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Imminency

Well, Yvy and I tried wireless broadband. Despite living on the second floor of an apratment building (which is top floor, no less) near the centre of Australia's second city Parramatta, we can't get a decent reception for it. I have managed to log on to the website and get all the way to the credit card page once, despite moving the modem, pointing it in different directions, even moving the pc to a new room:. Spent DAYS at this and have given it up as a lost cause (when I finally did get there I thought, what possible reason could I have for giving these idiots my CC details?). I think wirelss broadband is a bit like first generation mobile phones were - a great idea for the future, but too soon in the technology. (Albeit I am writing this on a PC at work which has a wireless network - but probably it connects to the outside world through a cable).

Anyways, should have something sorted out tomorrow (got a home phone and ADSL bundle lined up) so should be back online preeeetty soon. Haven't been to Co8 lately, hope Gaear is ok.

O and Yvy is going nuts without her blog ;-) Otherwise married life is damn fine 8^D

1 Comments:

At 11:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wireless works fine here in the U.S. Shouldn't you Aussies be concentrating on indoor plumbing first anyway?

Haha.

screeg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home