Ted's RPG Rant

A place to rant about RPG games, particularly the Temple of Elemental Evil. Co8 members get a free cookie for stopping by. Thats ONE cookie each, no seconds.

Friday, January 27, 2006

That dang NPC

Ted is listening to: The slow, heavy tread of the fall of civilisation approaching
Ted's mood: Perky
Winnings: $167 In Kitty: $150

Well, I've got Endarire's NPC up and running (the dlg file and script anyways). Couldn't get the damn thing working yesterday, still got no idea why - basically broke the character I was testing it with (haven't mobbed in a new NPC yet). Wasn't the script, I started with something easy, just a simple 'start at line 1' - seriously, somehow I broke the damn NPC! O well, it happens. Got him going now, and very few errors in the dlg file that I have seen so far (very proud of myself for that, its a fair size). Still a lot of work to do, but the bulk of it is done. (For that matter I guess the bulk was done by Endarire himself before he sent it ;-)).

Got myself a 'Certificate of Single Status' today - its like a Marriage Certificate for the unmarriagable ;-) I need it to get married overseas. Surprisinly painless process considering I was dealing with a government department. O and won $50 more with my roulette system. 8^D Its officially getting scary now.

O and got a decent night's sleep last night - nice change! Hey look, my google ads are all about insomnia ;-) Cunning buggers...

4 Comments:

At 12:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey r u gunna do my npc too? its very awsum PK barb name SuperWhirl. he travals da world n kills lamerz n stuff liek dat.
he has BOTD berzerk ax n stormshield n enigma armar 4 mf runz n hunt down telaportin wiznerdz n sumtiemz uze COH armar 4 resist n oso arrets face n mo bling liek dat.
wut u say?

 
At 1:37 pm, Blogger ShiningTed said...

Well, whats enigma armour and a stormshield?

 
At 3:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dees r leet itamz. enigma armar givz telaport skill n lotsa strength n magik find bonuz n frw n mo kool bonuz liek dat. needz veri rare runez 2 maek it but SuperWhirl is da rich man haha.
n stormshild is awsum shild givz lots dmg reducktian n fast bettar blockin n lots deefens. n ofcuz its perfekt ethereel cuz SuperWhirl is a veri rich man!!!

 
At 7:30 pm, Blogger ShiningTed said...

Well, I'll put those ideas in the bucket for the next module, but they sound a bit overpowered for KotB, which is a low-level (up to 6) adventure.

Superwhirl sounds fine for a run against Lolth though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home