Ted's RPG Rant

A place to rant about RPG games, particularly the Temple of Elemental Evil. Co8 members get a free cookie for stopping by. Thats ONE cookie each, no seconds.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Suspension is Killing Me

Well, only scant hours until Co8: Egyptian Whore (known to history as 5.0.0) is released. Ya know, its rekindled my love affair with that damn game: its been some time since I wanted to shake it off and concentrate on KotB but now I got a hankering to do all sorts of stuff in it. Lord Spike made an excellent comment that we should concentrate on KotB now, but all the stuff i got in mind is stuff that will turn up in KotB, and I can't see any harm in 'testing' it in ToEE and seeing how it goes. Then adding it to KotB is just a cut and paste :-)

Example: re something I suggested to Cujo about getting some of his items into the game as rewards, I would like to start a boxing tourney thingy run by Ah Fong. We've discussed the idea since, errr, was it Nerik put in gauntlets? (apologies to all involved if it was someone else). Well, no one has taken any steps in that direction so I will do it myself, mainly because a) I want it in there and b) because I have something in mind for KotB that would benefit from knowing how to do it (a variant of the Tolub thing, obviously). I was thinking bare-knuckle but gauntlets or even spiked gauntlets are just as good, and they're there to b used :-)

Example 2: These damn masterwork items. Now that Cerulean / Agetian / Darmagon have catalogued the flags of objects, I don't see why we can't do an inventory reshuffle and get masterwork items in the stores when certain conditions have been met. Again, it is something for KotB, because I hope to keep that LOW LEVEL, where the +1 given by a masterwork item is something precious (not the infamous, "another +1 sword? Throw it in the bag" moment).

So rest assured anything I am doing in ToEE atm is still a step forward for KotB. Atm I want to really get into the Orc tribes in the Caves, thats going to be a cracker of a plot with multiple outcomes for various alignments (or just various options), but I have other responsibilities ;-) I have a release to do! A couple days playing 5.0 ("book'em, Danno") and I'll be straight back into it.

That'll do for the moment. On with 5.0.0!!!

4 Comments:

At 6:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo yo yo str8 up pimpin homie!!!
hoes n shit dats my boi. but y egiptan hoes? i herd dey wer real skanky.

 
At 1:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you know....it's been a year since i've been blogging? ;)

yuppers, HAPPY 1ST BLOG BIRTHDAY TO MOI!! [i'm SUCH an attention-grabber!!]

 
At 12:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to start a boxing tourney thingy run by Ah Fong. We've discussed the idea since, errr, was it Nerik put in gauntlets? (apologies to all involved if it was someone else)


SLAP!! ted its me who made the gloves and spiked gauntlets for that matter grrrr.

but i am glad you plan to use em:)

 
At 12:45 pm, Blogger ShiningTed said...

Sorry, I deserve a spiked bitch-slap for that error ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home