Ted's RPG Rant

A place to rant about RPG games, particularly the Temple of Elemental Evil. Co8 members get a free cookie for stopping by. Thats ONE cookie each, no seconds.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Lazarus lives!

For anyone who missed my spamming on the forum, U5:Lazarus version 1.2, the final build, has just been released and has 2 mirrors up already. Its 520Mb, and I am hitting 50% as I type. No time to play it though, I am off to a damn overnight shift tonight :(

O - get it here:

http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com/ultima5/main.asp

Now, as for KotB, went on a photo rampage with my pa's very sweet digital camera, added some nice little bits to the game and been collecting screenies lately: will update the gallery soon. Otherwise, I have started work on a little element for ToEE that I think will add greatly to the gaming experience and answer a much-voiced request: and it will only be a few dozen lines of code. The informed will know what I am referring to. The intelligent will also know, because the answer is right in front of them. It won't be ready for the IRC chat tomorrow, but it shouldn't take long.

Re my ongoing promise to look at flags: here's a tip for you! To add something to the game that can function as an NPC (such as the noticeboard in KotB where u learn about new quests and recruit new members, or the book in the Welcome Wench where u do it in ToEE, or a talking statue, or some such thing that u want to be able to interact with but not get into fights) flag it as:

ONF_NO_ATTACK ONF_ALOOF

Can't see ONF_ALOOF in TOEEWB, have to have a word with Agetian 9^)

4 Comments:

At 12:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... never heard of ONF_ALOOF before. Also, I scanned temple.dll today and found no reference to ONF_ALOOF whatsoever. Are you sure it does something ingame? If yes, please e-mail me about it :)

 
At 2:21 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha aprilz f00lz sherlok!

 
At 7:59 pm, Blogger ShiningTed said...

Nah its not a joke, it certainly is in the Protos... but it wouldn't be the first thing in there to do nothing!

 
At 3:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, tons of leftover stuff in protos... OCF_WATER is another example of a perfectly useless flag, btw.

As far as your Python question goes, well.. there's a resource (not sure if it's Googleable) which is quite good. So, if you want it - it's here: http://ftp3.cdut.edu.cn/python/

Not sure if it's a legal resource or not though (I mean it may be warez). One of my pals told me about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home