Ted's RPG Rant

A place to rant about RPG games, particularly the Temple of Elemental Evil. Co8 members get a free cookie for stopping by. Thats ONE cookie each, no seconds.

Sunday, July 31, 2005

My mod is done!

Download it here!! Then go to Co8 to check the latest bug reports, there have been a couple already, and a new upload too. ;-)

I am putting the link on here, rather than, well, anywhere else, for one simple reason. So I can have total control over it staying up, and the link not being broken.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have long since lost count of the number of times I have tried to download maps or waypoints for DoD, or new maps for Jedi Knight, or whatever, and run head first into a broken link. Likewise, while I was looking for sounds for some of the new spells that are coming out atm, or artwork for some of my own mod, I constantly found stuff on Google only for the link to be broken. So I am going to try and make sure that never happens with my stuff in future.

Now, Sol etc do a great job on Co8, this is not some backhander at them, its more about that savefile.com place I have my sounds. I appreciate them letting me keep stuff for free (still not sure how they make money doing that, but anyways) but its not always stable and in future, my stuff may be kept somewhere else. If so, the links at Co8 will in turn become broken.

Soooo, I am keeping my links here, on my page, where if I change servers etc for my stuff, I can also change links at the same time, and never have to worry about inconveniencing someone. Because after myself, the main people I do this for is, well, whoever wants my stuff and enjoys the same games I do. If they can't get it, not a whole lot of point me putting so much effort into it. And I don't just mean for now, but for people years to come who buy ToEE from the bargain bin or whatever. I don't play too many brand new games (too expensive and haven't got the latetst gear) so I know what its like to PRIMARILY play mods. And, as someone who ran straight out and bought DungeonSiege the day I heard about Ultima V Lazarus, I understand how seriously some of us take mods, and how much it sucks when we can't get to things.

Its not a lot of effort all things considered. (Although people who have already clicked to come here might think otherwise).

5 Comments:

At 10:23 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omfg dood itz hear at last. DA MOD IZ HEAR@1!
dis iz way awsum zuper kool!
grats homie!!!

cant wait to try dis hot shyat @ home.
dayum, alredy waitin for MOD 2!

thanx yu zillien taems agian!

 
At 11:03 pm, Blogger ShiningTed said...

It was my pleasure. But don't call me 'agian'. :)

 
At 12:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh?!1

btw i choked ur adds homie and i must say agian dese D&D mynetures r reely zuper kool stuff man!
http://www.popularcollections.com/dungeons---dragons.html
and i musta say i gunna by dat red HARBINGAR when i get $3 it rox. blak dragoonz r awsum 2...

 
At 1:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohnoes teh RED HARBINGAR is sold out orredi! WHY?!!!1 :(((((
but no worryes u still get sum $ coz i clikked on teh ads so is kool ay?

 
At 6:41 am, Blogger ShiningTed said...

Thanks. I could see myself making miniatures for a living, if I had any talent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home